Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Interesting article - an answer to an uneducated writer

Pole Dancing Isn't Craziness - It's a Fitness Regime

Wow, I am in absolute shock of your recent article entitled Canadian Craziness! Pole-Dancing Championship! Obviously you have only done a small amount of research, and that was probably at your local strip club over a beer. Have you even been to a competition, or a pole studio?

Have you spoken with a pole instructor? I am a 46 mother of 2, who is now pole dancing to stay fit. I have no desire to become a stripper, or take my clothes off for anyone other than my husband. I work out on the pole at home and at a studio. I don't wear a g-string to class, nor high heel shoes. Instead I sweat in a pair of shorts, tank top and barefeet. Learning moves that truly workout my body better than any other form of fitness I have tried and liked.

Perhaps you should visit a studio? or even google pole fitness? Find some of the most incredible athletes working out and staying in shape before you write about something you obviously know nothing about. Yes there are many forms of pole dancing and yes one form is in the strip clubs. But saying "There will never be a day when people see the pole as a fitness tool; it will always be the mother of all phallic symbols." is like saying the earth is flat.....once upon a time people believed that statement to be true, but it is no longer the case.

If I felt that pole was only associated with stripping why would I use it as a fitness regime? why would I spend my hard earned money on classes to make me "un-fit"? So Mr Reyes, before spouting off that the world is flat....perhaps you should take a spin? You just might like the results.

Comment on this story, by email comment@newsblaze.com

See article here: http://newsblaze.com/story/20100915072013zzzz.nb/topstory.html

No comments:

Post a Comment